- About Us
- Prospective Students and Parents
- Safeguarding & Student Welfare
- Home Learning
- Learning & Curriculum
- The Wider Curriculum
- The Sixth Form
- Useful Links for Students, Parents & Staff
- Contact Us
BGS’ curriculum equips students with the knowledge:
- To care for the wellbeing of themselves and for others, being able to create and maintain positive relationships leading to a happy, healthy and fulfilled life.
- To achieve their full potential through a positive and aspirational mindset alongside the qualifications, skills and character to make them ready to take their place in the global community; well equipped to compete in the job market of the 21st Century.
- To respect British values and have a sense of pride in who they are, understanding their rights and responsibilities, whilst embracing others’ views, cultures and lifestyles.
- To strive for excellence in all that they do. So they become flexible, creative and resilient enough to be a productive member of society and be able to adapt to whatever the future holds
To meet the intent the school carefully plans a wide range of activities and opportunities both inside and outside of lessons. At the bottom of this page you can find a link to the basic overview of topics taught in all subjects for each year group as well as links to the Year 9 and Year 12 Option choices and process
The links on the side of this page show the breadth of our offer from within subjects. It will help you understand a variety of elements involved in making the subject unique to Boston Grammar School students. Each subject page will briefly describe the subject’s:
It will also have links to subject documents, such as the long-term plan of the learning and it’s mapping of key themes.
Additionally, within the Learning and Curriculum area you should also find useful information that can help you continue to support your child's education, be it advice on; retrieval practice (remembering stuff); exam calendars; guidance on helping your child get the most out of homework; etc.
Together, and with your child's hard work, we can give them the best opportunity for a successful and fulfilled adult life.
Please be reassured that there is no expectation to purchase all books on this list. The list is being provided for parents as a result of a request from parents who wished to supplement some study in some subjects.